The Dos And Don’ts Of Squeeze Pages
A squeeze page is also known as a landing page, this is the page by which you are able to build your list. There are many dos and don’ts of squeeze pages. So let’s start off by looking at the things that we should do to achieve a successful squeeze pages.
• Do write a compelling headline. The headline is essentially the most important aspect of your page since it is required to capture the visitor’s attention. The headline is the first thing that the person will read, this is what will determine whether they stay on your page or not. Your headline will also need to encourage them to sign up and join your list.
• Do set up more than one squeeze page. As an internet marketer you will more than likely be dealing with a number of different people, therefore you will be targeting a range of different people. You should not use the same page for all of your products, since this will look unprofessional and confuse the customer. Separate squeeze pages will benefit you far more.
• Do offer a free incentive. Unfortunately some people need bribing to sign up. If you offer a free gift in exchange for opting into your list then will be more inclined to sign up. The majority of people offer a free report or eBook. When offering a free gift you should ensure that it relates to the customer’s interest and your product.
Now let’s take a look at the don’ts of your squeeze pages:
• Don’t request too much information from the visitor. You are simply building a list of email addresses therefore you should not request too much information. It is recommended that you simply request their name and email address. This makes it far easier for your visitors to opt-in. If you request too much information, then the visitor may feel as though they are jeopardising their privacy.
• Don’t make a drawn out sales pitch on your squeeze page, this will bore the visitor. You should just write enough to get them interested and want to learn more by signing up to the page.