Penis Sensation Loss – Penis Sensitivity Can Be Restored
When penis skin is constantly subjected to irritation, chafing, rubbing or other minor, chronic injury, the skin responds by forming a thicker, more durable outer layer in order to prevent further injury. While this callusing effect is more noticeable on the hands and soles of the feet, the same thing happens to the erogenous skin of the penis. With frequent masturbation or sex, environmental irritants, or just the constant chafing of clothing, the outer layer of the penis becomes desensitized, resulting in a loss of penis sensation. The good news is that through the use of personal care products containing penis-specific vitamins and minerals and following some simple suggestions, loss of penis sensation does not have to mean the end of sexual enjoyment.
Why does penis sensation loss occur?
• Aging – As men age, neural sensitivity in all parts of the body begins to diminish. Eyesight, hearing and sense of taste are all affected, beginning as early as the thirties, and the penis skin is no exception. Most men report some degree of penis sensitivity reduction over time.
• Circumcision – While some men report that circumcision does not affect their sensitivity, it is highly common for circumcised males to experience lost penis sensation. This is often believed to be the result of exposing the highly sensitive skin of the glans (penis head) to friction without the benefit of the natural lubrication provided by the foreskin.
• Masturbation – Frequent masturbation, especially dry rubbing, can toughen the skin of the penis and reduce penile sensitivity. In addition, the penis can essentially become over-accustomed to being stimulated in the “right” way, resulting in decreased response to other forms of stimulation, such as with a partner.
• Poor circulation – Circulation plays a big role in the ability to experience tactile sensation. For example, falling asleep with an arm under the body can result in temporary numbness in the fingers. Tight clothing, obesity, and even cycling can limit the circulation to the penis and cause loss of tactile sensitivity.
• Alcohol and tobacco use – Alcohol, as well as the chemicals in tobacco, can wreak havoc with the nervous system and decrease the ability to feel sexual pleasure. Men who smoke or drink regularly are at risk for lost penis sensation.
Is it possible to restore penis sensitivity?
With the right strategy, penis sensation can be restored, or new nerve pathways can be formed, making sex a pleasurable activity for years to come. The key is to be creative and care for the penis skin with nutrients that are designed to support healthy skin and nerve cell function.
• Visualize – Sexual arousal has almost as much to do with visual stimulation as with touch. Internal visualization of erotic images, watching a partner, or even viewing adult films can go a long way toward heightening the nerve sensation of the penis.
• Avoid masturbating before sexual encounters – For men who are experiencing sensitivity loss, abstaining from masturbation for a time can give the skin and nerve cells a chance to recuperate. Refraining from masturbation before an encounter with a sexual partner can also increase arousal and boost penile sensitivity.
• Experiment with different positions – Changing the pressure on the penis through experimenting with new positions can create new types of sensation and increase sensual pleasure. Using the positions described in the kama sutra, for example, can heighten penis sensation and increase sexual enjoyment.
• Use a penis health crÃ¨me -Use of a nutrient formula that contains vitamins and minerals for skin and nerve support may help to prevent loss of penis sensation and restore sensitivity, as well as increasing the overall health of the penis.
Choosing a penis health crÃ¨me
To be effective, a penis health formula (such as Man1 Man Oil) should contain a combination of vitamins A, B5, C, D and E, which work together to keep the skin youthful, supple and receptive to stimulation. Natural moisturizers such as shea butter prevent drying and toughening of the skin, while amino acids like acetyl-L-carnitine provide metabolic support and work to prevent aging and cellular damage of the penis skin.