MBA Grants – Online MBA Programs
MBA Scholarships and Grants
Once you have made the decision to enroll in business school to get an MBA the next issue is usually how you will finance your education. Much will depend on where you will be attending and the method of learning that will best suit your career goals and your particular lifestyle. Business schools today provide students with more choices than ever before such as:
Things to consider for MBA Scholarships and Grants:
- Full-time programs on a traditional college campus
- Part-time MBA programs
- Online or distance learning MBA
- Combination of traditional and online learning
The total cost for an MBA program can vary significantly from school to school as well as on the learning method you choose. The important factors that all prospective students should research are the many MBA grants and scholarships available through private, government and college institutions.
scholarships for MBA or other degrees differ from loans or scholarships in that they never have to be repaid and are not merit-based. MBA grants is in fact free money that is based on a particular student’s needs. The most common Grants for MBA are:
- Federal, state or provincial government grants (depending on the country one studies in)
- Private and public institutions
- Colleges and Universities
All MBA grants are need-based and fall into specific categories which can easily be researched online through:
- Minority based MBA grants
- Degree level grants for MBA
- Subject specific grants for MBA
- Student specific needs grants for MBA
Federal MBA scholarships are usually the best way to begin and the easiest to research. If you will be attending business school in Canada the following sites will give you more detailed information on how you might qualify for grants for MBA programs.
- Canada Student Scholarships Program
- Canada student grant for persons with disabilities
- Canada student scholarships for persons from low income families
- Canada student grant for persons with dependants
- The Ontario access
- The Ontario distance scholarships
- The Ontario student opportunity grant (loan forgiveness)
Each Canadian province offers student grants and can be researched through their provincial education websites.
American students searching for MBA grants also have several options through state and federal government bodies. The following sites for student grants are good places to begin your search:
- Federal MBA Grants
- The Pell Grant for MBA
- The Academic Competitiveness (AC)
For more information on State Grants the States Administer Grant Programs website is a great place to begin.
There are also many Popular Minority Grants site that offer specific grant programs such as:
- Grants for Asian American students
- Grant programs designed for women
- Grant programs for graduate students
- Small Business Grants for Women and Men
College tuition and other related costs will certainly be one of the largest investments you will make and it is therefore highly recommended that you look into ways of lower those costs by way of private of government funded student grants. Once you have found the grant programs that you may be eligible for, it is a good idea to research all general or MBA scholarships that can further reduce your total cost of college. Pursuing all avenues of MBA scholarships and grants can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.