16 Feb If Money Doesn’t Motivate You, What Does?
Two years ago, I intentionally took a new job that paid 50% less than my previous job. Why would anyone take a big pay cut voluntarily? Could the “experts” be right? Is money not the big motivator we thought it was?
Are you considering a change in your life that provides something better than income? Before you read any further – money is important and my plan includes making money. But, I intend on making MORE money on MY TERMS and not working a traditional 9-5 job.
Would you take a 50% pay cut?
I took that pay cut in 2015. I’ve never looked back. I wanted more TIME to pursue my own business and TIME with my family.
It’s been the best decision I’ve ever made. I loved the job I left (IT project management), but my LIFE was MISSING SOMETHING.
Are you unfulfilled in your career?
Many of us are unfulfilled, yet we think we are trapped because of money or circumstances. For the next 5 minutes, imagine that you are NOT trapped. Imagine that you made a change to do the thing that you’ve always wanted to do. What would you do with your life if money was not at the heart of your decisions?
The ability to take a 50% pay cut didn’t happen overnight. My plan started 3 years earlier in 2013. This is what I do know based on my journey:
- I knew 5 years ago that I HAD to make a change or I would be working my high paying job until social security kicked in.
- I knew that I needed a 2nd source of income that could SURPASS my high paying job.
6 Questions You MUST Ask Yourself Before Taking a Pay Cut!
- How do I want to spend my time?
- If I take a pay cut, how will my life change?
- If I stay, will my life ever change?
- What can I do for additional income?
- If money wasn’t a factor, what would I do?
- Is there something missing in my life?
The key was knowing what I wanted out of life.
Time with family was more important than income. Time spent on my home business would be my second source of income that would help me create a legacy for my children.
What would you do with your life if money was not your deciding factor?
Don’t let this only be a dream. Let this be a reality for YOU!
Wishing you the best for you,